Its official, Bishop Auckland’s Young People, Coaches and Volunteers are amazing!
Bishop Auckland Town Council last night held its 2nd Youth Awards Ceremony at Bishop Auckland Town Hall on Wednesday 8th June 2016.
With 35 youth and 5 coach/volunteer nominations from schools, groups and parents there were 130 guests in attendance, who were entertained with special dance performances by Sandra Welsh School of Dance and a buffet in the interval.
All of the nominees received a certificate from the Mayor, Councillor Ann Golightly and Special Awards were handed out to 8 outstanding nominees:
- Sports Achievement; Jack Jacomb from Bishop Auckland Table Tennis Club
- Young Volunteer; Luke Holmes from Stockton and Darlington Railway Youth Team
- Triumph Over Adversity; Nathan Mould from St John’s School and Sixth Form College
- Young Carer; Natasha Watson from Bridge Young Carers, Bishop Auckland
- Outstanding Achievement; Joshua and Thomas Wraith from Bishop Barrington School
- Youth Group 2016; The Literacy Leaders of St John’s School and Sixth Form College
New for 2016 was the Coaches/Volunteers category. Winning £500 for Cultivate for Life, the Volunteer of the Year 2016 went to David Nicholson.
Councillor Golightly said: “As a Council we wanted to celebrate the fantastic young people we have here in Bishop Auckland. The quality of the nominations exceeded all expectations and we are really proud of the amazing young sports people, volunteers, carers and school achievers here in our Town.”