Allotments sites are all currently open and will remain so until we are advised otherwise. Travel to and from the allotments is permitted if due precautions are taken. Visiting the site constitutes your daily exercise set out by the government. Individuals are reminded to follow the current Government advice which is to stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.
Do not visit the site if you or any member of your household is showing symptoms of coronavirus.
(including but not limited to a new, persistent cough and a high temperature)
Please follow the self isolating guidelines at all times.
The toilets and any shared spaces on site are now off limits and are not to be used under any circumstances.
We ask that all tenants visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines about social distancing.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Do not stay at the allotment site for more than 60 minutes per day, in line with government regulations
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks or other communal assets. Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid touching your face. If possible, wear gloves.
- The use of the sites is for allotment tenants only. No groups are allowed on site.
- Please stay on your own plot at all times and do not enter another plot under any circumstances
Social distancing must be observed and sites may well be closed if this is not the case.
There will be no plot inspections taking place across the site until further notice.
We urge all our allotment holders to do what they can to their plots to help reduce the growth of weeds and grasses during this time that may overwhelm the plot if you are unable to visit for an extended period. As a Council we will also face restrictions over the coming weeks as to what we are capable of doing in terms of maintenance and repairs that might be needed. We will rectify these issues when we can once government restrictions are lifted or reduced.