Bishop Auckland Town Council are proud to be bringing back their Youth Awards again in 2023, after a hiatus following Covid. The awards are designed to give recognition to outstanding young people in Bishop Auckland.
The nomination application forms are now live until Friday 5th May 2023 via the Youth Awards Microsoft Form, by scanning the QR code below, or contacting the office for a paper version. More details and a full set of rules can be found on the Bishop Auckland Town Council website. Nominees either need to be a resident in the area or attend school or a community group in the area.
The winners will be invited to attend the awards event which will take place at Bishop Auckland Town Hall on Monday 19th June from 6pm-8pm. We anticipate approximately 100 dignitaries and guests on the evening where we will have a red carpet ready to greet all winners and their families.
We have 9 different categories (see below) and each category is having 2 winners, one for aged 7- 10 years and one for aged 11 – 18 years.
Should you wish to know any further details or be interested in sponsoring a category please contact me on 01388 207110 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Young Carer Award – This award recognises someone who has showed selfless dedication, achievements and on a regular basis contributed to looking after a family member or friend who has a physical or mental health condition.
- Personal Challenge/Overcoming Personal Difficulties Award – This award recognises someone who has overcome or striving to overcome a life altering situation whether this be personal or a direct impact on the young person due to a family circumstance.
- Young Volunteer Award – This award recognises a young person who has taken pride in volunteering, has demonstrated accountability to making a difference to people within the community.
- Inspirational Young Person Award – This award recognises someone who has been involved in social education and peer support for others. The have helped inspire others to grow and develop in a new skill. They have helped make a difference to another individual or groups lives.
- Young Achiever Award – This award recognises someone’s outstanding self-belief in all aspects of their life. This person has overcome social barriers to go on and excel in their life whether it be social, academic or personal. They have a positive outlook and inspire others.
- Making a Difference (social action) Award – This award recognises an individual that has used their initiative or organisational skills to help make a lasting change to someone else’s life.
- Young Person Act of Bravery Award – This award recognises someone who has shown great strength and bravery to overcome a barrier or situation in their life. This could be by speaking out against others, standing up for themselves or a peer or something similar.
- Young Person Green Award – This award recognises someone who has gone above and beyond to try and promote or demonstrate the requirement for greener living.
- Team of the Year Award – This award recognises a group of young people who have come together and made a difference, be in in sport, through social action, through art or culture projects, etc.
- Nominations to be open for parent, carer, youth group organisers, school personnel to apply and the nominated person must be a resident of Bishop Auckland or attend a school or group or activity in Bishop Auckland.
- You cannot nominate yourself for an award.
- Nomination dates will be open from 22nd March 2023 to the 5th May 2023. Late nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations must be less than 250 words and submitted on the online form (hard copies are available).
- A panel of judges will select the winner. This will include 3 members of the Town Council.
- Shortlisting will take place no later than the 19th May 2023.
- Winners will be notified by 26th May 2023.
- Winners must be able to attend the award ceremony with up to 2 adults on 19th June 2023 at 6pm at Bishop Auckland Town Hall.
- Winners parents/guardians will be asked to sign for use of photographs for media/social media and however else Bishop Auckland Town Council choose to use the photographs.
Microsoft Form: https://forms.office.com/e/fpYxiRADmr